Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lunch in the Country

Off to a family lunch with my brother. Kill me now!

He arrived at the airport, just now and his response when my mum asked him to pick me up was, "If Christian calls and asks me himself, I'll pick him up."

"What?" I laughed. "What age group are we in now?"

"Oh Christian, think of all the things he does for you?"

"What does he do for me, mum?" I heard my voice whine like a child's. "It's okay, I don't need him to pick me up, I can drive myself."

"He's taking you to lunch."

"I'm going because you want me to."


He's such a schedule Nazi that if I'm a little late getting to my mums then he will probably go without me. Problem solved. You've got to turn disadvantages into opportunities in this life, if you want to get any where.


Ho hum. Whistle, whistle. What's the time?


Actually, I don't mind my brother because I'm not intimidated by him. How many years practice have I had? I'm the immovable force when it comes to him - recalcitrant younger brother and all that. But, I feel sorry for other people, as that's his modus de oprandi, win through force, order people around, get what you want.


He just called, he's picking me up on his way through. Goodo.

But, I was really happy to drive myself. I nearly turned him down, but I thought of mum. She doesn't need her two boys having words. Time to keep the peace.


No comments: