Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Been A Pretty Full On Eight Months

Sam is still not talking to me. No good morning message to wake up to, no chatty emails when I turn on my computer, no instant messaging.

Silence.

I guess, about now, I should be sending flowers, or chocolates, or even a funny message... but I'm not.

I'm just going to sit back and feel the change, feel what it is like to be without him. It's been a pretty full on eight months.

Of course, this could be exactly the wrong thing to do, I realise that. I've never been very good at conflict resolution in matters of the heart.

But, you know, I come back to... (to put it one way), I did one thing wrong and it's all over. I really need my relationships to be built on stronger ground than that.

Later...

I was going to send him roses to work; no card, just the flowers. But, by the time it occurred to me, it was too late in the day. So, I sent him a photo, that I took, of my red roses.

I should have sent the real thing, I know.

But, at least he has been talking to me since I did.

Later again...

Oh, of course, it's all because I smoked pot with Shane Friday night, the night before. But so did Sam. Give me strength! Now, apparently, I am lazy Christian fat arse.

No, it's because you were at me the moment we got up about the windows. And just because I didn't look like I wanted to do it, it didn't mean I wasn't going to. You cracked the shits and fled the house.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Ok...so maybe he over reacted. Extend the olive branch and take the high road. From what you have written about the man, Santo is good for you.

FletcherBeaver said...

I sent him some e-roses, pretty cheap I would have though, but he seemed to like them