Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Saturday

It was a lovely day, the sun shone, the sky was blue. Sam announced early in the morning that it was a shopping day. 

"Get ready," he said. "We are heading to town." We had sushi train for lunch. 

We bought t-shirts 70% off in Bourke Street. I bought two new work shirts, one black, one maroon check, as I am sick of feeling the "same old blue" in the office. (that is not exactly true, but I do seem to have a lot of blue shirts at the moment) We picked up groceries in Russell Street. 


I had some idea of looking for a new phone deal, mine runs out in a little over a month, but all of those people wanting to prostrate themselves at the feet of Apple for the iPhone 6, for fashion, got in the way. Sam lined up on "the morning" days ago, naturally. (He got the iPhone 6 plus) I don't really care, I'm very happy with my 5S. I can wait until the brouhaha quietens down. I only text, as all my friends know, (I don't want to talk to any of them) so a new deal shouldn't be too hard to pull off. Let's face it, phones are just silly. Or is that people? Whichever? Still, it was a lovely day. Crisp and bright.

Oh yes, I had a haircut. A few years back when my haircuts went from $50 to $60 I baulked (actually, it was because I kept getting passed off to the fat apprentice, which I was complicit in as I kept ringing for a haircut at the last minute, however) and I went to the barber and got it for $20, recently rising to $25. Today I got it for $10. Hairdressers are cunts, lets face it, they should be deported with the terrorists.



It was a lovely day, though. Sunny and warm. And Saturday. You've got to love Saturday, as it is always followed by Sunday.

No comments: