It was a little cold walking down my street this morning to ABC Finance. My first day back at work not smoking.
I’d lost one of my databases this morning and cute IT guy Pady had to fix it. Can you imagine how I was seeing him at my desk?
I helped Kerin doing a whole lot of back work she had, all day. I’d forgotten what back log can be like. We had to go through it all, 50 % of it wrong, or not started, or in a mess.
I think about my job as I am helping her, and all I can think is where did I go wrong workwise. Oh, you know, why wasn’t I a famous writer by now? An architect? I should have been an architect? Famous painter? An Online Dating Ghostwriter. A Professional Cuddler.
(when I say famous, I really mean making money. I don't really want to be famous)
There was a new blonde guy with a bubble butt in blue trousers, which was nice to look at for a minute. I don’t really understand where these sundry people come from in the office, or where they fit in.
Kirin was distracted all day, who knows with what? So, we didn’t hear from her?
I ate cauliflower soup for lunch. I toasted the quarter, eighth, sixteenth French Stick in the press sandwich toaster. They don’t have a toaster at ABC Finance.
By 3.30pm I was beginning to fade, you know, that body shiver, tired wave when I even found myself on ‘the nod’. That is disconcerting. I’m not sure if Kerin noticed, or not.
It was sunny on the walk home, warm and blue sky.
I spoke to Antony when I got home. He wanted me to join up to a gambling website for the Melbourne Cup, but he didn’t call until today, when, as we agreed, Sam and I were indisposed. He said he wouldn’t have won anyway. We laughed.
We ate red curry for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment