Tuesday, November 18, 2014

You See That This Is A Two Man Job




I sneaked a cigarette outside, while Sam was in the shower, after I was dressed. I ate muesli and the rest of my coffee, thinking that would be enough to mask it. 

Sam came downstairs. He got his bag and his ear phones and I kissed him good bye at the front door. (rookie mistake, but what else could I do?) Then he was slapping me and asking, “Did you smoke!”

I should have brushed my teeth.

I was ready to go at 8.04am, so I did. I walked straight down my street and crossed Victoria Parade.

It was a gorgeous day. We were much more relaxed today. Kerin and I got everything finished. The day whizzed through. [2014] Kerin said to me that it was great having me there as we got all our work done.

“You see that this is a two man job, can’t you?” whispered Kerin.

“Well, yeah, I guess, there is enough work to keep us both busy,” I said.

“Why can’t Kirin see that?”

“I don’t know,” I said.

“She has made my life a misery insisting one person can handle the workload.”

“She seems to be convinced about it.”

“But, she is wrong,” said Kerin. “You can see that, can’t you?”

“Well, yeah, I guess.”

“She has destroyed my time here, by being so stubborn about it.”

“I felt sorry for her.

“I’m glad you are here,” she said. [12/09/2026]

 

I walked out into a sublime afternoon, sunny and warm, with a slight breeze. I was home by 4.35pm, you have to love it.

I spoke to David, on his daily call, we laughed.

We threw the back doors open and felt the honey smooth air of the day.

We drank tea, with shortbread biscuits, and smoked pot.

 

We ate stir fried veggies for dinner.

We watched Big Brother.

No comments: