Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday




I woke up at 4.30am and had a piss.

I tossed and turned from then on, until 6am, when I got up. 

Sam said, “You drank too much sugar.” I thought about all the lemonade I drank last night and wondered if there could be some truth in what he said.

I gazed out the window to see if I could see Antony’s car. He told me last night that he parked across the road and that he may wake and leave early.


Antony was still asleep on the couch. I woke him up. I made tea and coffee and put music on.

I went outside to see the lovely rain-washed-clean back yard. Buddy was awake and came straight out of his kennel and inside.

I rolled joints.

I posted a rainy day photo on Facebook.

I built a fire, Antony was cold. 

“Do you not have any heating in this place?” Antony asked.

“The open fire.”

“Well,” said Antony. “It’s not going to light itself.” 

“I see.”

“Get to it, I am freezing.”

Buddy enthusiastically joined Sam in bed at 7.30am.

The rain was still falling.

Jane got up and drank tea and was gone by 10am.

Antony stayed until 1pm, he is preprogramed to do so, you know. 

Of course, she hangs around while the dope is still flowing. 

“Roll me another joint,” said Antony. “And I’ll get going.” 


We ate lunch at MaMaNee. I had Pad Thai. Sam had Stir Fried Rice noodle with beef.

We went to Whole Foods, afterwards we went to Woolies. 

We saw Tim in the street. He was good, on his way to the supermarket. Nicholas had another operation, apparently, it didn’t work. He is back on a stick.

The sun came out in the afternoon.

At 3pm I was smoking pot and listening to Pink Floyd. Chilled out on the couch. The weekend faded away gradually, as weekends do, as the spectre of work slow comes into view. 

Ah, it is such a great sadness when Sunday comes to an end. It is like losing your best friend. I know, because I lost my best friend. And life never feels the same again. At least with Sunday, another on cranks around with monotonous regularity, and you get to lose your best friend all over again. Ha ha. Highs and lows of the week.

Monday tomorrow, definitely a low point. 


No comments: