Kirin was in, of course. I look for her top knot, bun, on the top of her head, silhouetted against the windows at the far end of the floor.
I wrote my journal when I first got to my desk, when my computer wasn’t working. They are never working lately when I get in.
IT was on to it today, though, and I was up and going pretty soon afterwards. How can a company operate this way. Shrug.
Then my computer soldiered on, when all the other computers went down, once again. It was because I stayed logged on, so mine kept working, none of us knew exactly why, but I thank the universe it did. I wasn’t logging off anything for anyone. I so didn’t want to sit there all afternoon doing nothing.
Twinset Tina was away today. Do you think she has gone out on stress leave having to deal with Kirin. You know, being public enemy number one on Kirin’s hit list, among so many public enemy number ones on Kirin’s hit list? Essentially, for having the audacity of questioning Kirin doing her job? (I have never known someone to have such an extensive hate list, as Kirin) Nah, Twinset Tina is a tough old broad, despite her Laura Ashley demeanour. Maybe, the multitude of pins in Kirin’s voodoo doll of her have started taking a toll?
I headed home at 4.30pm. I was home at 4.34pm. I have to keep repeating this to remind myself why I am working in the company. I can’t tell you how much of a change working for this finance company is to working for well organised, well appointed, wealthy legal firms. Chalk & cheese. Night & day.
We ate spicy fried rice for dinner.
We watched the final of Big Brother. Cutie pants Ryan won. I’d volunteer to wash out his lingerie.
No comments:
Post a Comment