Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Just A Wednesday




Sam was kind of out of routine this morning and he headed up to the shower before he ate his breakfast. I don’t know if this was deliberate, but I suspect it was. So, before I had finished my sneaky cigarette, out the back on the wicker chairs on the back veranda he was standing in the kitchen glaring out through the back windows at me.

Stupid me, I should have stopped today, to make the procurement of my BFF [with the boyfriend] easier in future. Oh well, I’m bad.

It was a lovely day.

I sat on my seat outside the building and had another cigarette and cooled down in the fresh morning air, before I went upstairs. Lovely. I watched the usual passing trade, the usual fat chicks, the hot tradies having morning smoko, the business suits, the guys and girls going to the chemist for their various creams. The hot barista from the café downstairs. Have I ever mentioned him. He is the reason I go for a coffee mid morning, just to gaze at him. Chuckle. Of course, I’d still go to get a coffee mid morning even if he wasn’t there, you understand, he’s just an added bonus. Being a barista is a sexy job, don’t you think.


It was leisurely day today. I finished off a lot of work I had been working on. I just got onto it, nobody asked what I was doing. It amazes me, really. 

Ticking off the list of figures that has to be done, which, after all, is why I am here. 

Kirin seemed to be distracted all day, doing whatever it is Kirin does. 

The sky was blue, the wind blew.


Sam asked if I had done the “scrape” when I was heading outside for a cigarette, when I got home. “Have you scraped out the bowl, or mulli?”

Well, I thought. That’s a first. He even smiled naughtily. You see, what a lovely guy he is, my boyfriend. 

It was still sunny late in the day.

We ate fried rice for dinner.


No comments: