Friday, February 26, 2021

Just Watching The Shit Show

I'm glad I have a settled life, in lots of ways. A lovely boyfriend, a career, a nice place to live, the what's and what have you's sorted. (Ha ha, and I am supposed to be good with words) Goals, dreams, life plans. As much as those things get sorted, and aren’t a continuing journey.

I have been with Sam for 11 years in a couple of months, and he is still my favourite human. (He is making me home made sushi for lunch, as I type, so you can see why) 

My boss apologised to me for my pay rise not being very large this year, (nobody's pay rise was very large, there is a pandemic, you know) He said I could increase my working days, all I had to do was ask. (Seriously, I thought, when did I ever indicate I want to do that?) I have the ultimate job, 3 days a week, why would I want to spoil that? I ask you.

I live in the best part of the best city of the best country anywhere in the world, can't imagine living anywhere else. (My local member is from the Australia’s Green party) 

I've lived, I've loved, I have travelled the world extensively, (and when this bat flu is over we will travel again) I am very happy with my place in it.

I don't really get affected by the world around me, as such. It makes little difference to me who is in power politically. (The progressive politicians are better than the conservative politicians, really, when you take away all the other bullshit) It just makes me sad when governments don't govern for every member of our society. It is hard to understand when a government’s mission is something other than making the world a better place for everybody. Really, isn’t that a governments only real purpose. Oh, you know, other than paying the bills and keeping the lights on.

Life goes on almost despite any of us and what we do. What I have learned is life just rolls on and you just roll on with it, that’s how it works.

I used to want to change the world, now I just want to point and laugh. Because, I can't change anything, so I might as well find humour in it.


No comments: