Monday, February 01, 2021

Don't You Realise, It Could Have Been Me!

The old bloke who worked in the mail room until he was 78, finally retiring last Xmas, died. Everyone is upset. "Oh, it is so sad, poor Bruce only got to enjoy his retirement for a few months. It is too sad."

Nah, I don't get it. I was never going to see him again, it wasn't ever going to change my life. Don't get me wrong, I liked Bruce and all, quite the gentleman, but...

The chick who worked in the Brisbane office forever, got terminal cancer months ago and has just died. Everyone is upset. "Oh, poor Trish, all she got was months and she was dead. It is too sad."

Nah, I don't get it. A woman I have never met, what do I care?

Is it me? Am I an uncaring bastard?

Or as a society, are we addicted to drama?

Everything is a drama, everything is a scandal, everything is a disaster, everything is a problem. (Even the weather now a days, have you notice, there is a deadly storm headed our way, THUNDERSTORM ASTHMA!!!!!!! we don't even just get rain any more)

Or are we all so self focused, that we all think in terms of it could have been me. That's what is so sad, it could have been us. We are not actually thinking about the other person, what we are doing is thinking about ourselves.

Jesus, calm down people, it may never happen to you?


No comments: