Monday, February 08, 2021

Lovely Way To Spend Monday Morning

Late morning, I dropped Sam off at the shops in Abbotsford and I headed to the Salvos to look for movies for my collection. 

I love working from home, if I was in the office, I’d never be able to do this Monday morning. I get up at 6am and I sign into work not long after, so I have no guilt about not doing my hours.

The sun was shining, the weather was lovely, and there is something gentle and serene moving about one’s suburb in the mornings. 

I didn’t expect to really get anything at the opshop, but I wanted to have a look for the True Blood episodes I’m after, got to keep looking, if I want to get them cheap. (Am I cheap? Aren’t we all cheap by that measure? Wanting to get the most things for the least amount of money, isn’t that all of us?)

But, I did manage to pick up quite a few of the classic movies that should be a part of all movie collections. To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar, Americas’ answer to Pricilla. 2001 A Space Odyssey, a movie I have never really understood. Has anyone? A Star is Born, the new one. Now I have the last three versions. Gone with the Wind, which is 4 hours long, I’m guessing I should have known that? 4 hours seems like too big a commitment for me, if I am truthful. Hello Dolly. Black Adder’s A Christmas Carol. Rabbit Proof Fence. Jane Eyre. Who doesn’t like Michael Fassbender. What was that film in which he walked around naked with his huge sausage hanging out? I need a copy of that movie. And Ladies and Gentlemen the Best of George Michael. Poor George.

By the time I drove back to the shops, Sam was ready to be picked up, shopping bags over his shoulders. I expected complaints about me not helping with the shopping, and going off and wasting my time, as he’d probably put it, but he didn’t say anything.

I got back and tuned back into work without anyone even noticing I had gone. You have got to love working from home.

Madame Sin, Bette Davis, arrived in the post from eBay not long after we got home.

I just don’t understand all those people who went back to their offices this week, with a skip and a jump saying they couldn’t wait to get back there. Nah, not me.

Freedom is good for the soul, and I think that is what working from home gives you… gives me.


No comments: