Wednesday, July 13, 2022

In The Office

It is just getting light as I leave the house. Me and my big mouth saying I’d fill in for Boris, it has just meant days in the office for me when I could have been happily working away at home.

My heel still hurts with every step that I take. Maybe, it has been marginally better lately. I think I have just learnt to live with the pain. It’s a metaphor on life really.

Still, the magpies are calling as I walk up the street in the braking light. I could be in Ukraine, I think, which makes me chuckle. Not because of the plight of the Ukrainians, but because that is what we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better. I could be dead, so buck up.  The magpies are still calling as I head to the tram stop.

I just miss a tram at St Vincent’s Plaza, I could touch it I was so close. Duh! There is not another tram insight, the tram lines are deserted, so I run and catch the one I just missed at Albert Street, the stops are close. In fact, I’m at the next stop before the tram has passed through the lights, as I j walked and dodged the on coming cars. My glasses fog up as soon as I put my mask on. Grrr!

The majority of people on the tram have masks on. My glasses take an age to unfog, which makes writing this difficult. I wonder if anyone else on the tram is, actually, writing something, which I like to call productive. Most people are just mindlessly surfing on their phones.

There seems to be people getting about in the city, more people than I remember last week.

The tram slides quickly down its steel tracks and is at my stop in no time

I follow a handsome Asian boy with a beefy arse down Collins Street. It’s nice, kind of mesmerising šŸ˜€

There is a guy walking a head of him who is wearing, what I would call, cream checked golf pants which are so tight on him you can read the label on his undies.

I briefly picture the two of them… I shake my head. I am at my building.


I’m first in the office, all the lights click on with every step I take towards my office like I am the all powerful. (How we delude ourselves šŸ˜¬)

4 coffees and I’m ready to face the people.


A bit later I wonder if I feel a bit weird.


A bit later again, I wonder if I was a bit ambitious with the coffees. I’ve cut right back on my coffee in take. It’s the office that does it to me, kind of the muscle memory of coffee drinking. But that’s triathlon style coffee drinking, and I’ve given that up for the most part.  I go and fill up my water bottle and drink water for the rest of the morning.


No comments: