Monday, August 28, 2023

Monday in the Office

I’m in the office early. First in, just how I like it. There is a certain thrill, as the office lights click on, knowing I am the only one there. It is just me and Billy Joel for a few hours, lovely.

David has had some sort of heart scare in Sydney on his way to Canada and is now heading back home to the Northern Rivers. His heart started beating really fast, as the curtain went up for Beauty & the Beast. (I hate musicals, I told him I had a turn too when I went to Beauty & the Beast) It’s not a chronic condition as such, but if left unchecked it can lead to heart damage, in the worst case scenario. It’s got some long name. He now has to have some procedure, instead of transversing the Rockies

I chat to Mark. We weave Billy Joel lines into our conversation throughout. It’s amazing how many we know. We can still read each other's minds even in different states. It is hardly surprising, he is my soul mate, and he always has been. Then he heads off to attend to his chickens, let them out, feed them. Ah, to have his life, in the hinterland between Lismore and Byron Bay.

I’ve still got all my work done by the time Boris comes in at 9am. She's not an early arriver.


No comments: