Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Wednesday

I thought it was warmer this morning, despite the weather person on the teev last night saying it would be colder. 

It felt okay first thing. The only thing upsetting about the day was the bread situation, I had to perform surgery on the last of the bread to get anything that resembled two slices.

But the morning seemed to get colder as it went along, maybe the clouds cleared, or something.

I'd put the stinky wood on the fire last night, the wood we got from Charlie and Lenny's next door neighbour after they cut down some trees and put it on the front nature strip, last year'ish ago. I remember the neighbour's hot son coming out in his singlet and track pants and offering to help. Sam and I wanted to suggest to him exactly what kind of help he could offer, but instead said we were fine to load the cut wood into the car.

Anyway, that wood burns kind of longer and burned all night, I think, keeping the lounge dining room warm. The trade off is that is smells.

But when I got out in the day, feeding the fish in the pond and watering my indoor plants, it seems pretty cold again this morning.

Anyway, it is Friday for me, so let's get on with it. The sooner I get started, the sooner my weekend will begin. 😬 

As Bruno digs his way to comfort on the couch in my study next to my desk. "Would you stop that."

No comments: