Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sunday

We walked into town, it’s the only way to get to town. There seemed to be an inordinate number of tourists in Fitzroy town today.

Bruno and I sat outside in Bourke Street while Sam had his hair cut. The silver street furniture was still covered in rain drops, like crystals on the stainless steel, from the early morning rain, so Bruno and I sat on the paving in the doorway to the centre. The paving blocks were cold on our arses, of course, Bruno’s is covered in fur, as mine may well be, but nobody can see that, insulating him from the dense concrete cold. Bruno sat right up against my left thigh keeping me warm, as he kept watch for, I don’t know what, those passing by? Any existential threat. 😬 My haircut followed Sam's. Then Bruno lined up with a hairdressing cape on. Ha Ha. Bruno didn't get his hair cut, I just like the image of him in the chair with a haircut cape on.

It’s been wet, and while it still wasn’t what you'd call warm, the sun was warm when you are actually in it. Not that we were in it a lot.

There were plenty of people in the city.

There were gaggles of young guys walking past, in packs, speaking of furry arses. I didn’t know what that’s all about, as though there was some gamer function happening somewhere? Or free food? Or maybe some strip joint was doing a two for one offer? Or maybe, that is just Sunday? There was an awful lot of dyed hair amongst the lads. Brassy tips seemed to be popular, dark hair with blond tips, very Euro Boy Band.

Then it was lunch, somewhere that was Bruno friendly and in some sun, hopefully. We ate Nepalese Food which is a favourite of mine, out of the sun, sadly. We ate Lamb Chowmein and Buffalo Curry Dumplings. Bruno hoovered up the food we dropped, um, I dropped. Noodles mostly. Well, noodles, i didn't drop any dumplings, of course.

Obviously, there was football on somewhere, about which I really don't care so much, with people in footy jumpers walking past our lunch table with those gung-ho looks on their faces particular to footy fans, a cross between euphoria and brain damage.

I sniffed around JBHiFi for a while after lunch but could find nothing I liked, despite trying hard to find something on which to spend my money. I was interested in The Stones latest live album but at $65, I kind of hesitated and then put it back on the shelf.

Sam fielded people taking photos of Bruno outside in the street while they waited for me. Bruno couldn't care too much about people telling him he is cute.

But that's it, that's all there was pretty much, just haircuts for the new week really. And lunch.

We walked home.

Then it was a quiet Sunday afternoon indoors.

Work tomorrow, in the office. My one day in the office per fortnight. I guess I can manage that much. Grrrrr! Kill me now!


No comments: