Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Pimples On My... Er... Lip

I've got a pimple on my bottom lip. I'm being really self controlled and letting the puss head develop so I can give it a clean squeeze and not have something that turns to a red mess.

It really fucken hurts, though. I forget how much pimples ache. It aches like a stabbing wound... um... er... not that I have ever had a stabbing wound.

It feels like a big thing hanging off my lip, like it is continually communicating its location to my brain.

"Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! Here!"

like morse code...


I'm wondering how long I am going to have to wait before I can do the very satisfying fffshhhit, with my two thumbs, touching it gingerly with my fingertips as though that is going to prove anything, and Bruno flops down from the couch onto the floor, using the extension cord plug as a pillow for his chin. Dogs. Jesus! I hop up and remove the extension cord from under his chin, forgetting all about my pimple.


I've had some work this morning, but mostly I have still been reformatting my old blog posts. All of those old friends with whom I have almost lost contact, not exactly, but I am terrible at keeping up the communication, they have to at least meet me half way, which some do, but the ones who don't, they just kind of drift away. It is the down side of being good on your own, which I am.

You've got to luv working from home. And, you know, it's not that I have lost productivity working from home, as the conservative forces who want us all back in the office say, no, my job is still exactly the same as it was when I was pointlessly traipsing into the office every day. It's just that I get up at 6am, I make a coffee and I log into work straight away, I think, that is the big difference.


No comments: