Monday, August 07, 2023

Working From Home

I messaged Boris first thing to tell her I am working from home.

They want me to go to the office every Monday. I go every second Monday.

I've decided that I just don't care. We worked from home for what, two years? Three years? We worked from home to keep their business' going, and we discovered a better way of working. I like working from home. There is no down side. And now I realise there is no up side for going into the office. It is a no brainer.

I'm just going to ignore the work in the office request. Fuck them.

What are they going to do?


Oh, then when I look up, Fish Face, HR manager from Sydney had emailed me. Oh, it is never good when the duplicitous twit contacts me. 

I wondered if she had found out about me working from home today. Guilt, anyone? 

Then I laughed to myself, Oh Fish Face won't find out about anything until a week after it happened, if at all, such is the efficiency of our, any, HR department.

Relax.


Then Sam comes down the stairs and when he gets to the study room door, he does an arse shaking, arm swinging, shimmy, complete with hummed musical accompaniment, and I forget all about work and HR and Fish Face completely.

Sam and I laugh after his dance is finished.


Then I kissed and cuddled Bruno, who is lying on the couch next to my desk in the study. And he rubbed his face against mine.

And I thought, I never want to go back to the office.


No comments: