My day home on my own, my preferred state of being. I don't include Sam in that, of course, but it is his day in his office. I'm good on my own. Working away... on my blog as much as the work I am employed to do.
Charlie left early for parts unknown.
I went to the gym at 8.30am, and I am pretty sure I got my workout completed before Boris even signed in, as she is not an early starter.
Since then, its been just me and Otto, sleeping soundly on the couch next to me in my study. Lovely Otto.
I'm playing a bit of Nancy Wilson, up loud. (I chuckle to myself, at the thought of Nancy Wilson's Naturally album being played at my funeral really loudly, no speeches, no speaking, everyone being directed to leave once it has finish playing, like my old mate Collin Butter's funeral, which had loud music)
I grabbed my wallet and went to the bakery and got food for lunch. A Camembert cheese and turkey roll and a banana muffin.
The key disappeared out of my wallet inexplicably in the last few days. It is somewhere in the house, as I let myself in the last time I used it, I just don't know what I did with it. As I headed out to the bakery, I pull the door shut behind me, it had done the first click on the lock when I remember the missing key and I instantly push back on my front door and miraculously it opened again. It must have been the closest it can possibly get before locking when I pushed it open again.
That helpless feeling of being locked out of the house instantly sent chills up my spine.
If I had locked myself out of the house at 11.30am, with Sam in the city in his office and Charlie in parts unknown, it would have been a disaster.
The day is progressing very nicely, from there though. Yes, it just drifted away, thank you very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment