Saturday, July 25, 2026

Sore Knee





I hurt my knee, on Thursday. 

Otto and I had been on the couch all day, happy, contented, letting the day slip by unnoticed, while Sam was in the office. Sam sent a message late in the day saying get ready, he'd be home soon.

So, I got off the couch and went upstairs to change my clothes. I meant to take my wallet with me, but I forgot until I came back downstairs again and saw it still sitting on the coffee table.

"Duh!"

I snatched the wallet up off the coffee table and raced back upstairs to put it in the desk draw in our room.

Then I was coming back down the stairs two steps at a time, tra la la, as happy as you like, to get Otto ready so we were ready to go for a walk when Sam got home. It was getting late, after all, and I wanted to get the walk done.

Half way down the stairs, I landed down two steps on my left foot, and my left knee went twang, and, I think, kind of burned. I saw stars, and it took me all my energy not to just collapse down the rest of the stairs. Then I couldn't put any weight on it. I couldn't walk. It hurt. It fucken hurt. I hobbled back to the lounge room. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Sam got home not long after, by which time, I realised if I walked on the flat, you know, normal walking, it was okay, it was only when I went up steps, or down steps, that it really hurt and threatened to give way altogether.

So, we took Otto for a walk.

Yesterday, we took Otto for a long walk, after which Sam massaged Tiger balm into my knee, finding the sore spot, which almost sent me through the roof, a la any cartoon you have ever seen.

After that, I found I could only walk sideways, backwards and forwards motion was no longer available pain free.

It was painful right up to going to bed, which me wondering what a knee reconstruction was really like, even if I have heard some experts saying knee reconstructions were generally a waste of tme.

Today, it is significantly better, but I have taken pain killers, as advised by that pill popping prescription pill addict, David. And presently, I am feeling no pian.

It is my gym day, but I am assuming that is probably a bad idea. I, actually, want to go, you  know, keep up the momentum of going 3 times a week, but I guess I have to be sensible.

I am using it as an excuse not to go into the office on Monday, which may, or may not, piss Boris off, with her training the temp who is going to do her job when she is away, in a week, or so. Whatever, it can't be helped.

"Sorry, I can't walk." Which was certainly true, yesterday.

Anyway, that's me.


No comments: