Friday, April 07, 2006

Greener Fields

I know living alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely. I've looked forward to it. Admittedly, today is not a good day. I've been giving up smoking since I've been living alone. That spins my head, let me tell you. I've been feeling, hot, sick, tired, lethargic. Maybe that has taken the shine off having my castle to myself. I guess it has. Giving up smoking, it's really is so awful. Much easier just to keep smoking.

It's funny how things change, as soon as you have them. Weird. I always feel differently about something once I have it, once it has arrived. Once I have it in my hands.

Does that keep aspiration alive in all of us?

I so wanted to write some poetry last night, but my brain was mush, just for the now. I'm not enjoying my time to write. Nothing. Blank. Maybe things will be different when my nicotine withdrawal has subsided. Fuzzy. Cell revolt. To my finger tips.

I lay on the couch and watched TV, as the day drained away.

 

No comments: