Sunday, April 16, 2006

Too Stoned





I had another joint. It's hump day in the weekend, I realised. HaHa, no, I don’t even know what that means. Big smile. 

And just when I want it to go smoothly, and just abracadabra be a fire, you know, when I am, shall we say, more relaxed than normal – but who is to say what normal even is? –  the fire smoked out the room. I used a fire lighter and three sticks and a whole bunch of rearranged colas from a previous night. I thought I was being clever, too bloody clever.

It smoked like a bitch, (not sure from where that expression came?) as my head spun like a top. “No, no, no, no, no!”

Not enough hot air to push the cold air out of the chimney. There's a fuckin chill in the air tonight, that's for sure.

I grabbed some newspaper, screwed it up into a big ball and lit it and it flamed up forcing hot air up the chimney. Problem fixed.

The wind is blowing fast from the window to the back door. The smoke is clearing in the room. Ah, fresh air. 

The music has stopped.

I’m sitting in all of this with the room being cooled down with all the windows and doors open to clear the smoke and being warmed up at the same time as the fire burns. Grrrr! 

So much for a simple fire done easily.

What a carry on.

Another joint while the room clears.


No comments: