Monday, June 26, 2006

Not a Good Morning

I went to bed feeling sick. I woke up feeling sick. I ate two ruby grapefruit last night while watching TV and I wonder if they are to blame.

Oh, get to work, I thought to myself this morning.

I have this stupid dressing gown which comes down to my feet, it is treacherous on the stairs. As I went up to the shower this morning, with my ironed shirt in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, I stood on my wretched dressing gown and down I went. It all happened as if in slow motion, I managed to put the cup of coffee down on the top step, with minimal spillage, amazingly enough, but consequently, my left shin took the full force of the fall, as I landed on it on a lower stair, in the middle of my, previously, ironed shirt.

Ouch! Bloody ouch!

I had a shower, but with my stomach still feeling queasy and my shin throbbing, I decided to stay home. Straight after I had called in to say I wasn't coming in, I turned and walked into one of my indoor plants, the end of its long leaf poking me straight in the eye.

I sat down on the floor and felt like crying, like a big baby.

Now I just feel cold and shivery. It is cold today.


No comments: