Wednesday, August 09, 2006

How Could it be Any Worse?

I'd had a shitty day. I'm so over work. I hate going in there. I don't know if I need a new job or a holiday? (or a cigarette?)

I was driving over to my mum's thinking that I hate my life, I hate the world. You know, having a good old whinge to myself. I had just said to myself, how could it be any worse? You know, you shouldn't test the universe.

I turned into the driveway opposite my mum's, as I looked over my shoulder to back out, I could smell something burning. I drove forward and parked and then I saw smoke pouring out from underneath my bonnet. I thought the burning was something in the air, I didn't think for a minute that it was me.

I tried to get the hose from my mum's garden, but it snapped off at the tap. Mum called the firebrigade and when she returned, I asked her to get me a bucket. She got me an ice cream container, she said it was the only bucket she could find.

So I was reduced to throwing thimble fulls of water at the car, as smoke billowed into the air.

When the fire brigade got there, they couldn't get the bonnet open, so they smashed out the head lights and the grill to get the hoses in. Then they got a big jaws type contraption and broke all the front of the car to get the bonnet open, finally.

My beautiful Peugeot.

They said it was probably an electrical fault - isn't that what the firebrigade always says of every fire?

The cars wrecked. And I just sold my other car, a few weeks ago.


5 comments:

RIC said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry, Christian! What a f...ing thing to happen!
I do feel for you. When things aren't getting along so well, it's written somewhere that something else has to happen so that the situation becomes totally shitty! I guess I did get used to it, somehow.
Wish you can manage at finding a solution. As you know, I don't have much to do with cars... In fact, I really have nothing to do with those things...
Cheer up, Christian!

RIC said...

I believe no comment can comfort you now, but I wasn't feeling well about what I wrote a few hours ago. I didn't mean to be so impersonal. I'm just not good enough at comforting and cheering up people in distress... The thing is I get sad too, and that somehow blocks me. I can only wish that after a good sleep you'll wake up for a new day with the (sheer, I know) consolation that it might have turned out much more serious.
I know this isn't much in comparison with your material loss. I'm really sad...

RIC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RIC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RIC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.