Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hello New Week

I think, maybe, the car catching alight and burning, right in front of my eyes, was more traumatic than I was giving it credit for. It was like a dream, it was surreal, it was like something that happens to someone else.

I just had to lie low, for a bit, you know, think about stuff - life and what I'm doing, those kinds of things. Get perspective. My nerves were jagged and I crawled under my blue blanket.

I went to the doctor, on Thursday, to get the blood test results for my infected tongue. The tests that would confirm whether, or not, I had some kind of dietary deficiency that caused the crack in my tongue.

All of your tests came back normal for dietary causes, said my doctor. But, your blood sugars are abnormally high, they are right at the very top of normal, which could, but probably doesn't, indicate diabetes.

I'm sure my eyes widened in disbelief.

Before you become alarmed, he continued. You need to have more tests, which will probably show that you don't, in fact, have diabetes. It could just be what you ate, before you went for the test that morning.

I have to have a starvation test, first thing in the morning, one day next week... to see if my pancreas has decided to go awol.

I had said, literally, five minutes before the car went up in flames, How could my week get any worse?

I joked to myself, as I crossed the road to the medical clinic, How could my week get any worse? I'm going to stop saying such things.

Mark and Luke arrived Friday night with the lap-top, that I have been talking about buying for the last couple of months, to cheer me up. How nice is that?

So I've been at Bolago, writing all weekend. I decided that I needed to do some real writing. I love blogging and all, but it is all consuming, it takes up so much time, to the detriment of what I should be doing. You know, getting one of my novels, or one of my many screen plays, finished.

The weather was so beautiful in the country, amongst the gum trees, under the eucalyptus-oil infused, brilliantly blue sky. It was really cool to be able to get up and wander around and not be rooted to the spot like I am with a PC. 


2 comments:

RIC said...

I wish you know as soon as possible that you have no diabetes.

FletcherBeaver said...

I've got to go this week for the test. Wish me luck.