Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Still Cold

My farts smell like spoilt milk, I'm sure that can't be good. One wafted out from under the doona, this morning and damn well woke me up. I'm off to work despite it; blocked nose, runny throat, dry cough nearly impossible to clear.

See how late I make it to today?

Wish me luck.

I've bought new vitamin C, though, the kind you swallow and don't chew, as I don't want to end up toothless once the snot has dried up. I popped 5000 milligrams, this morning, as the nice chemist lady said I should. I wanted to ask her if she was the one with the degree, or just the shop assistant, but I assumed the later as she wasn't the one wearing the high-collared white number. I wanted to ask her if she, actually, knew what she was talking about when it came to vitamins, but, of course, I didn't. She spoke so authoritatively.

I just wish the whole body tingle/hum thing would stop now, it's disconcerting. It's just a cold, after all.

Everyone at work has it, well, nearly everyone.

Gorgeous Luke came in and asked if I was feeling better. I breathed all over him with my reply and he jumped backwards and I laughed.

"I could give it to you," I said jokingly. I assumed that he assumed that I meant the cold, which I didn't... of course. (He's the cutest Eddie Munster in town)

"No thanks," he said, as he recoiled, smiling. "I've only just got over the last one." I assumed he meant boyfriend, which, of course, he didn't. Oh well.

"We'd have to exchange bodily fluids," I said. "For you to be in any real danger."

He tilted his head sideways and looked perplexed - you just gotta love straight boys.

"You catch it through saliva," I said, pointing to my mouth.


3 comments:

RIC said...

Thanks Pal! You're welcome!...

FletcherBeaver said...

What do you mean? I don't get it?

RIC said...

You are such a joker... Enjoy your playing, Chris...