Monday, August 14, 2006

The Census

The nice census lady has been by twice, this last week, to pick up my form. Apparently, she is coming again today... tonight, I guess. I wondered if she was come during the day, or, you know, at 5.30, 6pm, 7pm? Does she think I'm just waiting here for her to turn up?

I filled out my mum's census so neatly that my mum's census guy said it was one of the neatest he'd seen, thus far. (I put "no religion" for her too, despite her bleats about being Anglican) I filled out mine after a couple of reds, or a couple of j's and my anger with this govt bubbled to the for and I used great, big, angry lines - none of this in the box stuff, like I did with my mum's. Do you think there is something a little Freudian about all of that?

If my, nice, census lady comments on my mishandling of the document, I'm just going to say deal with it. I answered all the questions.

Does the govt really believe that any of us give a fuck?

I don't care if mine is never picked up, I'm not going to stress even for a minute, if it's not.

Go screw yourself John Howard!

In fact, we should all see how many census forms we still have in our hot little hands, after 28th August. 


No comments: