Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Stupid People

I was cutting through the service station tonight, on my way home. It was dark, the lights were bright. There was a girl sitting in her car, over at the side. She had her window down. She was fat, hairy - lots of hair - with a moustache and big, white teeth.

While she wasn't pulled up at the bowser, fair enough, she was still in the part where some one might park, if they were ducking in for newspapers or milk, or the like.

She was chugging away on a cigarette. When she was finished, she looked over at me, passing by, and flicked the, still lit, butt through the car window, towards the pumps.

I wasn't sure if I should run or duck. I just glared at her and shook my head from side to side. She gave me a sideways glance, I could see the whites of her eyes - would I see the flames reflected in them - before she went on chatting to her friend.

 

1 comment:

RIC said...

History may not repeat itself, but stories do! Everywhere, everytime...
Dangerous...