Sunday, March 04, 2012

Lazy Sunday

We didn't get up too early. I looked over at the clock after gazing at Sam's handsome face in the quiet of the morning, you know, listening to his breathing and any twitching he might do. It was 9am. I woke up earlier and chatted once Sam opened his eyes and said something, I can’t remember what. I thought I was being very clever, Sam wanted to sleep. It is a game we play now, see who can be annoying enough to wake up the other one who wants to sleep. This morning it was my turn.

We went out for lunch. No more pancakes, not even sweet ones for breakfast. Sad face. No, get dressed and straight out the door. We walked to Lygon Street. Lovely.

I ate Nasi Lemak, one of my current favourites. Yum yum. It was one of the few foods, in recent times, which made me say, “Wow, I’ve never tasted something like that before.” Sam had curry, which wasn’t a good choice so, of course, he scoffed into mine. I spent my time grabbing mouthfuls and fending him off. (It sounds like rough sex, hey?)

Then we went over and cleaned Sam's house. Really? Cleaning? he's the cleaner, I am so not. He likes it, you know how "cleaners" like cleaning. The mind boggles. I did some study while he vacuumed. I did training Thursday and Friday for a new system for a new job. So, I lay on his couch and read up the manuals.

We made Japanese curry for dinner. It was supposed to be spicy, but it wasn't. I'm a spicy convert, clearly.

No comments: