Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing Day Shopping




I was up at 6.15am. You know, it’s kind of nice to be the first person in the house to greet the morning, it’s sensual, as I drink my coffee standing in the kitchen gazing out into the garden on the new day. 

Sam and I took Buddy for a walk at 8am. Nice and early for the hound. He loves it, going for a walk. Well, not so much to start with, he is a little indifferent at that stage, but once we are out of the house and on our way, he loves it. 

Boxing Day, shopping day. Time to get a bargain, isn’t that what they say? We walked into town, Sam, Mark, Luke and I. It was time to buy Mark his new tablet. His old tablet way passed its use by date. The screen is shattered, many of the keyboard keys don’t work and now functions were beginning to fail it. It had been a good trouper – clearly, massively abused, not sure Pete has a conserving type of brain – but now it was dying. It was way beyond the time to replace it.

Sam said to me as we walked into town, 

“So, it is a designated shopping day, get with the program, get on board, do, do, do.” 

He bought the edge of his hand down on the flat palm of his other hand. I wasn’t really sure what he meant? I don’t have the shopping gene, nah, not really. Don’t like the taste of cum. Don’t enjoy shopping. I am a disgrace of a gay boy.

The dumpling shop in Little Bourke Street had a queue, you know, this long (he holds his hand apart in the air), when did people start queuing for food in Melbourne, I ask you? So we ate at Sugar Bun over the road in Russell Street.

We headed to Myer. I so love the top floor of the new Myer building with all its natural light. We caught the lift, which was packed. The place was jumping with shoppers.

We went to Dicksmith in the basement in Swanston Street just near the corner of Bourke Street around the corner and down the escalator. The Bourke Street Mall was packed with people as we walked up it, as, I guess, you'd expect today.

We went to JB HiFi. Bourke Street & Melbourne Central. Mission new tablet was successful. 

Luke needed a coffee so we went to Peligrinis on the way home and got take away lattes, which we drank on the remainder of the walk home. It was a lovely sunny day, even if the breeze was cool.

So, of course, the rest of the afternoon was taken up with setting up the new tablet.


I watered the garden, while the tech bros were hard at work in the lounge.

Sam and I went to the supermarket and got sausages and potatoes for dinner. Sausages and mashed potato, a favourite. I make great mashed potato, the secret being, add as much butter as potato. Ha, ha, not quite, but you get the idea.

We watched episodes of “Girls” for the evening. I really thought we’d watched quite a few of the first episodes, even if I couldn’t remember. I must have been stoned when I watched them the first time. I was going to say start on episode 4, buy then I said start on episode 2 thinking to myself it would be a good revision which would fit me nicely into the 4th episode, however I didn’t remember anything from episode 2.

It was good, a nice drama about a group of girlfriends. The trouble is that none of them are especially likeable, but their story is interesting enough. The main character, Hannah’s boyfriend is interesting played by Adam Driver who is interesting looking. You kind of want to see him with his clothes off, but then again, you don’t. He’s that sort of guy. You know, a guy you are really comfortable having sex with, but not one you necessarily want to introduce to your friends.


No comments: