I was awake at 5.15am needing a piss. I had one and got back into bed determined to go back to sleep until a reasonable hour. I lay there and sleep wasn’t coming back, I knew it. I got up sometime later. Sam got up to have a piss as I got up. He did his best one-eyed, nonsensical look and staggered off to the toilet. I headed downstairs.
We’re very low on pot, at that disappointing crumbs in the bottom of the bag stage. Jay came back with Mark and Luke last night, so I had to roll it and take it and my coffee outside to smoke. The air was cold. The brittle morning light just becoming solid.
6.30am. I had a second joint with what was left in the mull bowl, don’t you worry about that. Buddy headed off upstairs at this point. Actually, he was waiting at the very bottom of the stairs waiting, as if for permission, until I took him upstairs.
We took Buddy for a walk at 8am, before it got too hot for a bulldog to go walking.
At 10.30am, I text Guido for more pot.
Mark and Luke took the car to go to Williamstown to see (son) Fen’s dumb girlfriend Mini, or Jasmine, or Lauren, or whatever the fuck she calls herself, and her kid, April, with Jay. Not sure if they have to avoid Fen? Not sure if he is friendly, or a raging lunatic, at the moment? I’ve kind of had my fill of Fen’s histrionics for the rest of my life, so I no longer ask. Presumably, if they have Jay with them, Fen would not be involved, knowing how (daughter) Jane feels about (brother) Fen being anywhere near her child.
Mark seems to have managed presents for his grand child, I guess that is a good thing for somebody I thought was genetically deficient in that area, buying presents, not grandchildren. Still, I guess, being a (young) grandfather tops all other relationships.
We went to MaMaNee to eat pad Thai.
We shopped at Chemist Warehouse and Woollies too.
I lay down on the floor and had a sleep on the big red cushion in front of the fireplace. When I woke sometime later, how much later really, I have no idea, Luke and Jay were on the couch as if they had appeared by magic somehow, some silent, unseen magic, while I slept.
Mark was asleep.
Sometime later, Luke announced he was off to see Jimmy. When he’d got into the car, I thought to give him money to get pot for me from Jimmy, but Sam said no. And in that moment of hesitation, listening to Sam, Luke drove away.
Sometimes when I’d made plans, i.e. with Guido, it can take me a moment to change those plans, it is a fault in me clearly and probably one reason why I would never have made a great leader, you know, isn’t that what leaders are good at, split second decision?
Stupid me, I didn’t think quick enough and then I listened to Sam. Five minutes later, not even, I was cross with myself for my hesitation. Stupid, stupid me, what was I thinking, or, why wasn’t I thinking? Grr!
Jay sits on the couch glued to his tablet, lost in whatever game he is playing. It is what he does when he comes to stay.
Mark headed out to find food for Jay. They came back with some sort of pizza, which ultimately Jay wouldn’t eat because it was “too spicy.” Still, it meant Sam and I got some food.
Luke seemed to have been gone for ages, coming back post cocaine thanks to Jimmy. He bought enough pot just for the remainder of their stay. For them.
We rolled a joint and smoked it in the back yard. Mark joined us late and then complained that the joint wasn’t handed to him immediately, claiming to always be hard done by. He’s funny sometimes.
Mark later made Jay and Luke and himself a BLT. Not for Sam, or I. I can only assume that is not the job of the guests. Is it?
We stayed up until midnight. It was a warm evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment