Saturday, December 06, 2014

Gone Shopping




At 5am, there was a kerthunk onto the bed and then flat-faced sneezing and then I was being licked. Sam had gone and got Buddy. He’s such a lovely boy. Then I saw the lightening and then I heard the thunder and I realised why. Sam had gone and got him before the bad weather started, for his comfort, and his anxiety, not that he is very anxious, but it is better to be sure.

We were awake at 8.30am. 

We have to pick up Sam’s new game in Kew after 10am. Then we are going to Box Hill to eat congee for breakfast. 

It is an easy drive to Box Hill central, just straight down the Eastern freeway.

We ate congee and turnip cake and large noodles. in that big, cavernous, noisy room.

We bought glass lunch boxes and two Weeds dvd’s in Big W. Sam was pushing me around at the self service check out, telling me to hurry up, or get my act into gear, or some such thing. 

“You haven’t scanned both dvds,” he said when he thought I was dithering, so I threw both dvds into the plastic carry bag claiming that I had scanned both of them. As I gazed back at the screen, I realised I hadn’t scanned both of them. Oh fuck it, I thought. So, I got one dvd for free. Lovely Big W.

We bought groceries.

We headed to Bunnings, in Hawthorn, on the way home, cutting across from the Eastern Freeway to Hawthorn down Chandler Highway. The problem with driving around Melbourne on the weekends is that people are soooooo stupid. They dither, the hesitate, that sit in the longest lanes of traffic like lemmings, when the left lane is so often free. Still, we managed to pass most of the idiots in the inside lane. (you know I hate it when people do that, until I am surrounded by morons and then I do it too)

Victoria Street was bumper to bumper on the way back to Fitzroy.


This is a right wing Christian government, so really it should be no surprise to anyone. I have no idea why I wrote this, I didn’t finish it, but it probably applies to anything at all this Liberal-National Coalition, led by Prime Minister Tony Abbott does. Nothing they do should surprise anybody as they have lied just about everything they have done. It is that simple.

Remember, "no cuts to health, no cuts to education, no change to pensions, no change to the GST and no cuts to the ABC or SBS." Remember that.


We walked Buddy to Woollies.

I did the washing.

We ate Malaysian chicken and veggies for dinner.

I sat up until 2am going through the State Library website looking at historical Fitzroy photos.


No comments: