Monday, December 26, 2022

Holidays

Xmas day we glue down the the four mixing tiles in the shower, having had sowers the night before, and advising Charlie to do the same. (We do have a second shower on the 3rd floor but nobody wanted to do that) Hunting for the grout showed me how disturbingly our hoarder habits are out of control with cupboards and the attic stuffed full of crap. The tiles have been off for ages, so that was a good job done.

I repotted my succulents.

It was hot, so we didn't take the beasts for a walk until late. It was really nice later as the sun began to set and the temperature began to drop.

Boxing Day, after Sam declared the Boxing Day Sales to be a disappointment, (suffering from enochlophobia Boxing Day sales are only to be entertained online, chuckle, although I'd consider JB HiFi to add to my movie collection) 

We watched Travel Man with Richard Ayoade laughing a lot. He visited European cities with celebrity friends. (I think it was like a greatest hits of the Travel Man series) It is amazing the things you can do that I had never heard of in European cities, many of which I have visited more than once. Fabulous things. It makes me want to travel again.

The days between Xmas and new year are quiet days, actually, really lovely quiet. That is what defines holidays, after all, a lovely relaxing time with things to do of your choosing.

The sun shone.

We watched The Witcher prequel Blood Origin. I guess I liked it? All those fantasy shows are a bit alike to me. The Witcher, The House of Dragon and so on. (I'm guessing that is why they are painted blue in Avatar, so we can differentiate) Sam, who loves those shows, asked me several times, when I asked questions, "Don't you remember blah blah happened?" (at the end of The Witcher)

"Um... er."


No comments: