Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Eve

It is a gorgeous day. Sam was keen to take Charlie to the country. He suggested we take a drive down The Great Ocean Road.

"On New Years Eve?" I question. I think back to the years I spent down the beach down the Great Ocean Road as a teenager, as a twenty something year old.

"Yes, sure, why not."

"Seriously?" I say. "If you really want to do that, it would be better to do that tomorrow."

Then Sam discovers dogs day on Puffying Billy, but that turns out to be April, May & June.

"We should book and go one day, it might be fun," I say. At the same time I am mulling over in my mind if it would, in fact, be fun. Um? would it? Stuck in a small compartment with the general public and their dogs, which may, or may not, be ... when Sam tells me they are all already booked out for all of next year.

"Well, there you go," I say. I don't have to decide if it would be nice, or not.

Sam reads out the hight lights of Ballarat and Bendigo, I question most of them.

"Perhaps, we could drive to Sassafras and have lunch?"

"Yeah, sure," says Sam.


Anyway, it is now midday and Charlie is still asleep, so where we are going is a moot point, as they say. 

I breath in the fresh air of the day, as I repot my baby Chinese money plants, it is their first repotting from separating from the main plant. I water and fertilise my indoor plants. I have let my plants down in that department since winter. The corgis are around my feel like giant slugs.

Sam lies on the couch and reads about his latest obsession, Andrew Tate. Last week it was Elon Musk. Read, I say? He is TikToking it. Sam is addicted to TikTok. I keep telling him the Chinese Communist Party will be collecting his data. He keeps saying he doesn't care.

Sam reads that one of the best vantage points to see the new years' eve fire works is from the Fitzroy Gardens. We decide to walk the dogs to the Fitzroy Gardens tonight. Then we wonder how we will comfort them while the fire works are exploding over their heads? We don't have enough hands to cover 3 sets of ears.

It is a gorgeous day. I should go and wash the other car.


My ear still hurts. It has been filled with oil and is now plugged up with cottonwool, as per the ear oil instructions. It makes me slightly deaf, and I suspect slightly off balance.

I push on the scab on my shin, where the pedals of my bike caught me the other day after I'd done some exercise, which hurt like fucken hell, and puss shoots out.

So, as you can see, I'm feeling great. 👍


No comments: