Thursday, December 22, 2022

I'm On Holidays

I'm on Xmas holidays. I watched She Done Him Wrong, Mae West, 1932, "Why don't you come up and see me sometime."

After that we watched Purple Noon, The Talented Mr Ripley, my favourite novel. Purple Noon is an early film version, 1960. Alan Delon.

Sam has to work until Friday.

It rained for most of the day and when it wasn't raining, it threatened to rain. I love that sort of weather, balmy and unpredictable.

I lay on the couch until I felt like I was wasting my life, at which point I told myself I was on holidays. I wanted to go to the bakery and get us sweet pastries but Sam said no.

"Some thing sweet?" I said.

"No."

"It's Xmas," I said. We don't really do Xmas. Sam was bought up a buddhist. (Surely, it is time we all stopped celebrating Xmas. I think we should celebrate new year instead. Then it really could be a holiday for everyone)

"There is chocolate in the kitchen," said Sam.

Not quite the same thing, I thought, however, I broke out the giant Toblerone and we drank coffee, as the sky rumbled, the yappy Corgis barking every time there was a clap of thunder.

I've got 8 days off, I'm guessing it will go fast. It will be the night before I go back to work, the holidays over, just like that, any minute, I know that.


No comments: