Saturday, December 03, 2022

New Taps

The shower tap was dripping, it has been for a while. Sam has been telling me to change it for some time. Yes, yes, I will. You could do it yourself has long since lost any cache.

Charlie has commented on his bedroom door not properly closing on the latch. It was the one thing that failed in the renovation of the house, the door handle design was faulty and most of the door handles failed.

So, Sam had a go at fixing the door handle on Charlie's bedroom door, I got to changing the tap washers.

We have brass taps. There is a cover plate that screws on over the tap

The cover plate on the hot tap jammed on the tap itself and no matter what, first of all, I did, and then Sam and I did we couldn't get it unjammed. Grrr. Fucking thing. We tried and tried.

The bedroom door handle proved to be too difficult so we packed up the new one and returned it to Bunnings. (I really must get someone to fix all the door handles, but not today, Satan. You know how I picture Satan, overalls with nothing underneath them, big beefy arse and thighs, dark hair, dark eyes, dark complexion, and a sexy smile) 

So we headed back to Bunnings. There was only one thing to do, buy a new tap, set of taps, of course. (Although, one tap would be fine with me, as I like odd things, but you know, partners and boyfriends tend to set me on the straight and narrow)

Bunnings only had chrome taps, or coloured taps in varying shades of cream, buff, offwhite, or beige. Yeah, nice. But that was it, that was the selection. What can you do? So, we bought the cheapest, most inoffensive taps and headed home again. I was thinking we could change them one day, knowing, i guess, you just accept these things normally.

So, it was easy after that. Just screw them into the wall. Done. What should have been a 5 minute job took hours. The taps are the same colour as the tiles, so they just disappear. Sam and I have opposite views on what that looks like.


No comments: