Sunday, December 04, 2022

Sunday

The sun shone. First 30 degree day. We took Bruno for a walk early before it got to 30 degrees.

Good time to see the neighbours walking their dogs early on the weekend. The lesbians were walking their poodle ( do I need to add in sensible shoes). The guy from the next street was walking his chow. Gorgeous, he is too. The Chow, not the owner. There were a number of Frenchies walked by people I only know because they walk Frenchies. Bulldog owners unite.

Our neighbours 4 houses down have sold and are moving. They put out a selection of terracotta pots on the footpath, I took them all. Sam and I are always up for the shit put out on the footpath, we’ve become such hoarders.

It was a family day out, me, Sam and Charlie. Charlie kept his headphones in and his phone in his hand for the entire period. Charlie doesn’t say much to me, he doesn’t say much to anyone. I can get one answer to one question out of him but any further questions essentially go unanswered. (I don’t know what his hearing will be like when he is older as he literally has headphones in his ears 100% of the time)

We ate Hong Kong food for lunch. I had pork belly and rice with a special sauce, not specified, Charlie had fried rice with special sauce, also unspecified, Sam had the house specialty roast pork on rice. The air conditioning was icy, which I loved because, well, I am part polar bear. (Oh, not as in gay specifications, I just prefer the cold to the heat)

We went to Ikea to buy one thing, a shelf for the kitchen on which to put all of the different ports and cables to charge the multitude of devices we have. Sam has bought some new multifunctional charging station and he needed some where for it to go.

We came away with multiple things, two pillows for the longe room couches, two extra small shelves for where? Only the universe seems to know. Two soap holders, one for Charlie, he has his own soap, and Sam said he wanted one for a spare. “Why do we need a spear soap holder,” I asked. Sam declined to elaborate. And the original shelf for the kitchen.

We nearly bought a great big floppy brown bear. Sam and I both went full 5 year old over it until we both shook our heads and put it back in the bin with the other 200 floppy brown bears, Charlie gazing at us with a blank expression.

That's what happens when you go to IKEA. They get you in with their appealing design aesthetic, which kind of hides the fact that they are peddles of really cheap shit. Landfill, that is really what IKEA sells. It the McDonalds of the home wears industry.

That was Sunday. We did our bit contributing to the demise of planet earth. Ironically, it was a perfect weather day when Melbourne really sparkled. (Oh, I shouldn’t talk about the weather, as my NSW friends tell me we Victorians are obsessed with the weather, as they incessantly bang on about how much better the weather is in NSW)


No comments: