Thursday, December 15, 2022

Staying Home From Xmas On A Cold Winter’s Day

It is winter in Melbourne today. Really, it is cold. And while I really prefer a mild summer to scorching 40 degrees, it is seriously winter today, half way through December. I am resisting putting on the central heating just because it is December and it is unheard off for this time of year, but I probably should.

And to all the people who are complaining, oh don’t worry, even if it isn’t until next summer, the scotching 40 degree days will soon be back and we’ll all be frying, and we’ll all be wishing for a cool change.


It is my work team's xmas party today. It is also my day off. So, I’m not going.

Boris has made several attempts to talk me into going. I’m not really sure if it is because she genuinely wants me there, or if it is because it looks better for her that I am there. You know, be a part of the team, be a team player.

I just don’t want to go and hang out with my work colleagues on my day off. I know, that isn’t the spirit, but what can you do?

We have one of the big expensive venues in which to party. But, I just know, if I was there on my day off I’d would really not want to be there and I’d resent – even if resent is too stronger a term – them for making me do it.


No comments: