Sunday, August 02, 2026

I Miss You Mate





It's Sunday, and after I have been editing my old blogs, adding, and changing images, all morning, I get out the proper Dyson vacuum, so I don't have to deal with the truely awful LG handheld vacuum, ready to do a big vacuum.

I vacuum the study first.

Then I get the large box down from the top of the study bookshelf in which we keep the hard floor vacuum head. Also in that box, for no apparent reason, are Brun's two park basketballs. I don't know how, but he would know instantly when I got that box down from the top of the bookshelf and he would be in the study and would have one, or both, of those basketballs out of that box and would be chasing it/them around the house amusing himself for the whole time I’d do the vacuuming.

Today, both those basketballs lay dormant in their box untouched. It was a sad sight.

When I vacuum, Buddy used to be the immovable object. I could vacuum right up to him, even nudge him with the vacuum head and he wouldn't move.

Brun would walk right up to the vacuum and stand in front of it, I'm not really sure if he wanted to play, or was saying, You Can't Go Here. Whichever way, I'd have to move him out of the way.

Otto is scared of the vacuum and he runs to the furthest point away from it, which is usually right up against the back door, waiting for me to open it so he can hide in Buddy's old kennel until the vacuum monster was put away again.

The sun shines outside.

Sunday is cleaning day, of course.

After that, I think we are going for haircuts and lunch.

My knee still hurts.

Sam goes overseas tomorrow.


No comments: