Thursday, August 20, 2026

Peanut Butter





Sam hates it when I am making Vegemite toast for breakfast and I take the knife and scoop a chunk of peanut butter out of the peanut butter jar and eat it.

I hadn't scooped the peanut butter since Sam has been away, don't really know why, so this morning I did, and I felt quite safe, except as I did it, Charlie appeared at the kitchen door just as I did, as if sent as the spirit of Sam.

It made me laugh. It was the exact timing, with me confident I was getting away with something, with the knife going into my mouth as Charlie appeared in the doorway.

Of course, Charlie didn't give a shit, he just saw me standing at the toaster laughing inexplicably.

Ha, ha, it made me laugh. It reminds me that you don't, really, get away with anything in this life, hey?


No comments: