Saturday, August 22, 2026

Wasting My Life As Only I Can





Oh, it was worse than me simply lying on the couch with Otto, yesterday, letting the day pass. I lay on the couch, watching YouTube shorts mindlessly, that's how I wasted the day.

To be fair, I did intersperse it with some Sovereign Citizen arrests. That stuff is mind boggling. Someone, who must be smarter than the average Joe (or not, I am guessing) came up with all this mindless crap, and sections of the great unwashed have latched onto it with the same gusto with which they vote for far rightwing humpties.

Of course, I took Otto for a walk. We got that out of the way early so it didn't hang over our heads all day. Otto didn't resist, like he has, inexplicably, these last couple of days. Don't know what was with that. Just out of the blue. Nyr? Who know what goes theough their doggy brains sometimes.

And yes, I had to go to the supermarket to get supplies, which is really mind numbing. It's something Sam usually does. It is a total mind fuck.

Still, it was nice to light an open fire as the day faded away outside.

I tried to watch the 6pm news but in the words of that Bette Midler song,

And all the news just repeats itself, Like some forgotten dream that we've both seen

So, I switched it off and went back to YouTube shorts.

Then I did the sensible thing and fell asleep on the couch, and the evening passed. Eventually, Otto and I woke and stumbled off to bed bleary-eyed, late in the evening.

Anyway, today is a new day to waste all over again, no matter how much I am beginning to feel that I should be doing something more worth while.

Sam is home in 3 days.


No comments: