Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Hospitals and Hot Date

Hi Christian,

Just taken Mum to the hospital – she's having an Addison's crisis, and hasn't told anyone that she's been feeling bad all day. I drove 'em to the H so that dad didn't have to – he worries so.

Anyway they are keeping her in overnight and have put her on a drip with what she needs so she should be fine.

Can I stay at yr place tonight, like last week?

xTom


What on earth is an Addison's crisis? I hope it's not serious. It sounds like some virulent, brightly coloured flowering plant that runs amuck over hills and fields. Tell her I send her all my best wishes.

Um, tonight I was planning a small rendezvous, time to move on and all that, so I'd actually like the house to myself. I hear Greeks are so last week.

Big smile

christian


Hey Christian,

Ok no worries I hope you have a good one, in that

1: he turns up

2: he looks like his pic

3: he's good in the sack

I'm assuming it's an online thing – please correct me if I'm wrong.

Addisons is a disease around cortisol/hydrocortisone regulation, your body needs to keep the two in balance to perform about 150 normal functions, and Mum's doesn’t do that.

So she takes pills (usually 37.5mg a day) to help her, but yesterday she took 275mg (!!) and still felt bad. What is it with people – almost ten times her normal dose and she's says nothing till almost midnight!) I actually asked her yesterday if she thought she should go to the doctor and she bit my head off (apparently another symptom, short tempered-ness, I should have brooked no dissent at that point).

I was glad I was there because dad gets so scared – he was shaking and when Mum went into the bathroom to see if she needed to be sick last night, he sort of hunched over and let out little gasps. When I asked him how he was doing he straightened up and growled FINE through gritted teeth, but truly, by the time we got to emergency, he was ready to punch out someone before we had even seen the triage nurse (which took 2minutes tops).

Did I tell you the last time they had to go to Emergency, Dad was almost ejected by security for freaking out and "becoming violent"? Oh, we are a cultured bunch, we de Brants.

Anyway, she's been admitted now to find out what's going on – these things are usually brought on by some unrelated infection/problem – a bit like your T cells going down when you have an active infection. So she'll be in for a couple of days they reckon.

I was only planning on doing the Trivia thing tonight – maybe a quickie with Phil in the dunny or something as well – but somehow would rather stay at home tonight anyways.

I quite love how you don’t have to beat round bushed with me – I'll never be afraid to ask if I know that your answer can include a NO ☺

I *do* hope you have a lovely night you naughty thing. It's complete and utter revenge, I know, but good revenge nonetheless – as you said, you SHOULD just do the deed and tell him about it, and let it go from there. Of course, I'm assuming that you still haven't heard from him and that he hasn't been offed in a road trauma.

You have a good day Miss.

I'm off to RMIT soon to film a counselling roleplay. The blokey Richard and I are doing it – for me he's playing a bi man in a stable and truthful relationship with a woman, with kids too, who's just received a poz diagnosis after a rather wild holiday, and for him I'm a homeless schizophrenic in croydon in for a counselling/goal setting sesh. I'm not really in the mood, but hey, time and work stop for no man, woman or family drama.

xTom

PS hahaha @ essendon btw


I hope your mum's back on her feet real soon. Freddy going troppo in emergency doesn't bare thinking about. I suppose you are your father's son, after all. There has to be, even a hint, of that streak in him for you to have got it, I suppose.

As far as the 10 times the does, I never understand that. I've never understood the fear of doctors... Surely the fear of something being majorly wrong must be less frightening than the consequences of not doing something about it straight away and giving it your best shot to over come what ever it may be. Surely the worst diagnosis is better than the regret of not acting.

You are right, I haven't heard from Manny. He was moving house, now I think of it, but he only had to move a chair and a TV a block down the road, so I'm not paying that much credence.

If I want to be free and no strings attached, I should jolly well act that way. After all, perceptions are 9/10s of the game. Hey?

Christian


The no smoking thing was really hard last night. My body was kicking up big time in the craving department.

It's pretty full on... it hasn't got much easier, as yet. I thought it would have eased by now, but not really. I was watching purple spiders climbing the walls and green turtles hanging from their shells from the ceiling. And silver blue butterfly's flying in my peripheral vision, if I I'm wasn't concentrating.

Actually, seriously. I just got home last night and I was hungry, tired and busting to go to the toilet, when a huntsman ran across the kitchen bench and onto the floor in front of the fridge. I tried and tried and tried to pick it up with my umbrella, to pop it outside. I chased it around the kitchen for at least 5 minutes, but it just would not get onto the plastic tip of my brolly. It ran out into the atrium and next to my runners... and the next thing I knew, I had picked up a runner and was beating it to a pulp on the tiled floor.

I'm not edgy doll. I deny it, absolutely.

And my mind plays tricks on me. Ten minutes till the meeting, I'll just dash out for a cig. Oh, 5 minutes till class, I'll just have a cig. Half an hour till the movie starts, I've got time for a cig. I'd finished my dinner last night and I found myself leaning over to the coffee table for my cigarettes. Er!


Keep going Chriso, I believe in you!

Mum is staying in for a couple of days for 'tests'...

Dad's the one with the temper, I'm COMPLETELY sane and mild compared to him!

And YES, perception IS 9/10ths of reality – be single if that’s what you want.

xTom

PS Manny only owns a chair and a TV??


I farted around and did nothing.

I should have gone running, as I can feel a slight expansion happening - could that be abbreviated into ASEH and said in a voice-over advertisement voice? - around my middle, thank you Mr Nicotine. I probably only have to jog twice a week.

I ironed some shirts.


Hot date, hope it was good miss

Tom

 

No comments: