Saturday, February 04, 2006

Rachel & the Battery

RACV said 3 hours to wait for a battery to be delivered. Marshall, when I finally got onto them, said not until 4pm. Fuck it, I’ll do it myself. But every battery place in and around Fitzroy was not answering.

All the time I struggled with the fucking nuts – I have done this one hundred times – next door was play, Oh my baby, oh my baby, my dear Swannie… I was going insane.

SMS. 13.21. This is fucking torture! Car battery flat. No bastard will deliver under 3 hours. Can’t get the nuts undone on the battery terminals, due to green shit put on by my dickhead service centre. Have to be @ Bolago now! And all the time I struggle with the nuts, next door is playing really bad Rag Time. Ah! – Christian

SMS. 13.22. (Rachel & Tom) FUCKEN JESUS! SHUT THE FUCK UP! Maybe the sisters in Altona were playing Rag Time? – Christian

SMS. 13.27. Take a deep breath, in side, wait for the guy and let him do it. And ask them to turn the music down. It will be fine – Tom

SMS. 13.35. No men will come b4 4pm! Thank you Mr Howard – chris

SMS. 13.35. Your pain is highly amusing. I am sitting in the sun with a cup of tea chatting with a friend laughing about those dogs! – Rachel

SMS. 13.39. Huge smile xxx – Rachel

SMS. 13.39. Get fucked! – Christian

SMS. 13.40. Enormous actually – Rachel

Rachel always makes me smile – same sense of humour as me.

But I was back to my car problem pretty smartly.

SMS. 13.40. AHHHHHHHH! If u were my friend, u’d come over & jump start me! – Christian

Things were looking bleak, well, for the wedding, actually. But they were short staffed, so I had to get there. My head was spinning, my anxiety levels were rising steadily.

SMS. 13.44. Can I bring u a battery, I am 30 minutes away? – Rachel

I was straight on the phone.

SMS. 14.11. Lots of brownies points! – Rachel

SMS. 14.14. Yes indeed – Christian

SMS. 14.54. Rachel popped over, on her way to Chadstone, with a new battery in the back of her new Tarago. Lovely. I’m on my way – chris

Better late than never.

I stopped at the tyre shop to get my wheels balanced, well, I figured if I was late already, what difference was ½ going to make. The tyre man said my front tyres were stuffed, which didn’t come as any great shock to me, so we decided on new tyres and all the other stuff next Saturday.

SMS. 16.55. Hooray 4 you! Have a good night and I might give you a call tomorrow xxxx – Tom

The bride kept herself hidden away out of sight until she was due to appear at the wedding. They were an hour late getting started and then the hour long service seemed to be over in five minutes.

SMS. 19.06. Big hug – Christian

SMS. 19.46. Why thank you and back at ya – Tom


No comments: