Thursday, February 09, 2006

Georgia & Johnny

 Georgia was telling me about her first crush, her first time, I guess.

"Ah yes, Johnny Ramsey," said Georgia. She smiled wickedly. "He was gorgeous. All of him."

"What?" I said. "

"Ah, he was sweet. He was my first crush. We were both sixteen. That summer on the beach. Johnny was a strapping boy. It was with him that I found out how boys work. When you are cuddled up with you're man, who is in track suit pants, you find out quickly how boys work." She smiled wickedly. "Or, at least, I did with Johnny." She laughed. "He was more fun in speedos in the shallows." She laughed again. "He wasn't shy and I was fascinated from the, um... start."

"What happened to Johnny?"

"He married Charlotte and they had two perfect children." She smiled wickedly, again. "And cheated, perfectly, with me on a few, angst ridden occasions." Drunk, early Sunday mornings, on his way home from a night out with the boys. The girl he married was such a mousy in the housy type. She laughed. "Angst ridden for him, that is." She stopped as if she was really considering what to say next. "I was too busy smoking a cigarette to be filled with angst, you understand." She pretend exhailed and stared dreamily at the ceiling. "A couple of times I drited off, to be woken by him fucking me." She smiled broadly. "There are worst ways of waking up."

I was impressed.

"Maybe five times." She smiled as if at a distant memory. "Ten, tops.


No comments: