Monday, January 16, 2006

Early Morning

I sat on my balcony in the glorious sun and thought that I just wanted to stay there all day. Not move.

SMS. 7.29. (Rebecca) I’d like to take today as annual leave, what do u think? – Christian

I’m trying to justify taking the day off. I can’t quite manage it. Bugger! I just need to try harder, or give less of a shit. I’ve got to go to a play with mum tonight. Puts the kibosh on having the day free.

Rebecca never answered me. She never checks her mobile. It was a stupid idea. I went to work. I got there at 9.15.


SMS. 11.31. Hi Chris, this is Leah’s old PA Ben. She mentioned that Tom isn’t too great. Please pass my love and best wishes and prayers to the deity of his choice! And don’t hesitate to call if I can help in any way. Take care – Ben xxx

SMS. 11.41. Hi Ben, he’s still critical, but every day he improves a little. I went & had a stern talking to him, he looked so small amongst the tubes & machines. He is still in an induced coma All we can do is send him good thoughts – Christian

SMS. 11.41. Rub his tummy for me and say the little dog hopes he gets better soon. The force is strong in him, we can’t deny that. You take care too! – Ben


SMS. 17.02. I have been offered to take over the café on Beach Road. Fuck! – Rachel

SMS. 17.05. Go on, you know you want to – Christian

SMS. 17.05. As if I don’t have enough 2 think about. off 2 dinner at Jill’s. Wish it was alcohol over looking the water – Rachel

SMS. 17.09. A cask of red & plastic cups on St Kilda pier – Christian

SMS. 17.14. I’d rather a bottle & real glasses… our legs swinging over the side of the pier as we watch the sun set… – Rachel

SMS. 17.16. I find Jill’s house (life) so claustrophobic – Rachel

I left work early. I had a play to see with mum. Dumb Show.

At home…

SMS. 17.21. She’s never moving! Does that mean never changing? – Christian

SMS. 17.21. Hmmmm my head is spinning think I may fall off this planet if I have 2 stand up – Rachel

SMS. 17.24. I know how you feel! – Christian


Nicholas called, as I was walking across Princess Bridge, in the fading light, to say there was a message on the answering machine saying that Tom had come out of his coma.

SMS. 21.04. (Leah, Aby, Jude, Jille, Rachel) Tom has awakened from his coma & is talking & complaining, so that all must be good. Well, I can tell you, I’m smiling – Christian

Aby called meet and said Tom was a sneak. She wants to slip into ICU with me tomorrow, acting as one of Tom’s sisters.


No comments: