Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Shimmering Haze

SMS. 7.39. Morning Chris. Hope you have a relaxing day off miss. Still got my bag. Maybe out today instead. I love ya Chris xxxx – Tom

SMS. 9.50. Morning. Out today? That’s good. I’m off to the country to escape the heat – Christian

SMS. 9.50. Have a great time, give the hags my love. I’m going home Monday!!! – Tom

I think it was already 40 degrees when I got up.

SMS. 10.23. Stayed home last night to visit u this morn b4 I went to the hags, but now just too hot. Sorry buddy. Big luvs – Christian

SMS. 10.23. Don’t sweat it. Have a good one xxxx – Tom

I was making good time. So, my air-conditioning still isn’t working, wind down the windows and get on with it. Bloody car! I love the way the air buffets me as I head up the highway. Strong and hard and powerful.

SMS. 12.59. (Rachel) As the road disappears into a shimmering, hazy distance – Christian

SMS. 13.26. Happy Australia Day, celebrating here too xx – Lauri

SMS. 13.31. Happy Aussie Day you little OS Aussie – Christian

I lay on my bed and read Dead Europe.

Later, I watched teev.

SMS. 22.46. All I do is fucking work lately, the only shimmering haze is inside my brain. I think they call it reality – Rachel

 

No comments: