Sunday, January 15, 2006

Chatting with Rachel

I got up early and wrote the Age Factor.

SMS. 10.47. Perry with good news on Tom, Rick informed me slight improvement Sunday morning. Still sedated, breathing stronger. Go Tom – Perry

SMS. 11.56. Shelley Winters is dead! – Lauri

SMS. 12.01. I know. Boo-hoo. How gay am I, I've already downloaded her life story – Christian

SMS. 12.01. Very gay. Take care – Lauri


I went back to bed mid morning and stayed there until it was dark. I lay in bed all day and watched television. Lazed away with pot and Sunday Afternoon on the ABC.


SMS. 16.10. How’s Tom & how r u? – Rachel

SMS. 16.15. Both struggling on – Christian

SMS. 16.15. Ca la vie – Rachel

SMS. 16.20. I've just eaten fish & chips and two drumsticks – Christian

SMS. 16.20. Nice, I would be looking 4 a beer right about now, but will settle 4 a nice cup of tea and a shag. Oh bum, no one 2 shag – Rachel

SMS. 16.21. And smoked a joint – Christian


I zipped around to the milk bar and got more fatty treats. Neenish tarts and Melting Moments. The really heinous ones that come sealed in plastic bags. My favourite is the iced apple pastry thing. It was the only reason I left my bed all day, well, all afternoon. What a great way to spend a day.


SMS. 17.55. Stop it, I am hungry! – Rachel

SMS. 17.57. I just smoked a joint and ate two neenish tarts – Christian

SMS. 17.57. Fuck yr a bastard – Rachel

SMS. 17.59. And I’ve got chocolate milk – Christian

SMS. 18.02. Think I’ll make tuna, parsley, caper & lemon pasta Halo hovering – Rachel

SMS. 18.12. Yum! – Christian

SMS. 18.15. My $1000 cat has buggered off. I will be so pissed off if he doesn’t come home 2nite! – Rachel

SMS. 19.35. This pasta is seriously good. The cat came home, just as bloody well – Rachel

SMS. 19.40. It’s just nice lying here – Christian

SMS. 19.40. U need a dog that’ll burst your bubble – Rachel

SMS. 19.44. Cats are ace. I could have another of those – Christian

SMS. 19.44. I think I want 2 have sex with my boss. I’m putting it down 2 the full moon co’s he’s a bit of an oaf socially – Rachel

SMS. 19.50. I think you should keep away from your boss – Christian

SMS. 19.50. Hmmm me too! – Rachel

SMS. 19.52. He’s tall, incredibly fit, unmarried… biggest hands I have ever seen in my life. I like nice big hands – Rachel

SMS. 19.58. Don’t we all – Christian

SMS. 19.58. The rule doesn’t always apply in my experience. Jill has snubbed me all w/e we were supposed 2 catch up, wonder if she’s ok – Rachel

SMS. 20.04. If ever there was someone who needed a big hand! – Christian

SMS. 20.04. She wouldn’t know what the fuck 2 do with it. I am off 2 have a bath. Ni night. Let me know when u are free & up 2 dinner – Rachel

SMS. 20.09. Do u think she does it herself… or just never? – Christian

SMS. 20.09. Chris I’ve just eaten. Do u have 2 put forth such an unpleasant image? P.S. not sure, one would imagine she does, but… – Rachel

SMS. 20.19. I think I need 2 make yo yos – Rachel

SMS. 20.54. Yum! Yoyos – Christian

SMS. 20.54. All mine. They’re in the oven smelling gorgeous! – Rachel


When I finally came down, Tim said, I asked Nicholas to move out.

Oh, really, I replied.

Yes, I’m sick of it.


And that was about it. I kind of decided, rightly or wrongly, that if I’m not in the midst of a relationship break up myself, then I don’t have to get involved in someone else’s. It’s one of the advantages of being single – being single, as Mark seems to like to remind me.


No comments: