Thursday, October 12, 2006

At Best...

Perry tells me all the goss. My mate Shane, who lives with his boyfriend Mark, is having a thing with Matt, which I already knew, Tom told me. Apparently, Shane's all time most perfect relationship ever, according to Perry, who, I must add, has a talent for embellishing, just a bit, was my three-way relationship with Mark and Lauri. It is being held up as the ultimate yard stick, if Perry is to be believed.

I'd write about it, but it's long since over. And I'm only writing about the present here, I've decided.

At it's best, it was sublime, being loved by two beautiful men. Being thought of by two, having two hands to grab, just naturally, at the end of the night. Curling up with two to spend the night in watching videos, smoking pot. Turning, at the end of a dance party, to see my two leather-clad boyfriends following behind me. What, they'd both say in unison... and smile. Gazing into blue eyes and green eyes. Feeling like the rest of the world could just melt away. Ah.

At it's worst, you had the potential to have not only one, but two, more often than not, equally pissed off boyfriends, at the same time. There is three relationships going at the same time, not just one. So, the dynamics are kind of different, but the same, all at the same time. We were together for five years, slept in the same bed, did everything together.

We intimidated more than we picked up, at sex clubs. A lot of guys just got confused and shrank. We partied hard. We were social animals.

The three ages of man, said a friend of Laurie's, we met in Sydney, one time - the three of us were ten years apart in age, equally - The three of you are fascinating, he said.

I thought I was going to be with the both of them forever, I truly did. And we should have been. Our fears got in the way, in the end. Fear of each other.

So Shane is giving it a go with Matt and Mark. Good for him. I have no advice to give Shane. Other than the obvious, be honest. But I guess, the next time I'm on a dance floor, oh, sometime around 6am, whooshing on whatever, Shane will have a lot to say.


No comments: