Sunday, October 01, 2006

Delicate Light

What a beautiful morning, crisp and fresh. The birds are singing in the trees. The tinkle of the waterfall plays, as it feeds water to the stream running through the garden. The swans are swimming on the lake, in pairs. Daffodils and blossom sparkle yellow. Everything is green.

A lap-top in the garden, is impossible to use. I can't see anything, other than the relection of the glorious day.

My idiot brother has bought mum tickets to Brisbane out of Avalon. My sister and I are both in the country, relatively close to Melbourne airport. So pretty soon I have to drive across country to Avalon, pick up my mother, drop her off home and then drop my sister in Bundora, at a friend who lives near her work, as she is without her licence for a month. She got caught doing 148 k.p.h. up the Calder. She said she was in a hurry.

Clearly, I agreed. She graciously leant me her car.

Four hours of driving, or sitting in a garden on a glorious day? Being dropped at the train, complete with period train station, as the sun goes down. I know which I'd rather. I think being carless has its advantages. It kind of slows me down a bit, allows me to see more of the journey.


No comments: