Tuesday, March 07, 2023

It Was Just Tuesday

It was just a Tuesday. It was Turkish Bread with butter and Vegemite for breakfast to start the day.

I worked in the morning, but I never really had all that much to do all day. 

I sat at my desk and read Christos Tsiolkas Merciless Gods. Oh, I have got so sick of staring at my laptop screen hoping YouTube might thrill me all over again, so I pulled out the last book I was reading, how long ago was that, and I got reading. It's nice. I can get so lost in it so easily. I guess that is the idea, hey? Another reason to continue loving working from home. 

I checked on David as he's having a depressive episode, so I talked him off the ledge. Apparently, I am the only one who can do that. I wonder if he says that to everyone? He is needy of attention from more people than just me, so I have to wonder? He'd been to one of his new age happiness camps in the Hunter Valley - oh yes, the irony - which he followed with Mardi Gras, and some shows. Some mate hugged him too hard and popped one of his ribs, whatever that means, which meant he had to cut his time in Sydney short by a few days - it was World Pride and he was originally staying for the bridge walk - and head home with his tail between his legs in pain. And he was coming down, dosing himself up on prescription drugs and alcohol.

"I love you so much, you know that don't you?"

"Yeah, yeah, you're drunk."

Not that he was depressed about Sydney.

"Why can't I find a boyfriend? Why do I have to do all of this alone? Do you think I am always going to be alone?"

I reorganised my Patti Austin tracks. I'd made a 60 track collection of her songs, but that means I only ever listen to the first 10 tracks, or so. That's what I did in the beginning, make huge collections of artists music, thinking I was being really clever, until I realised it wasn't clever at all, and since then I have been breaking them all up, one by one. Still got to love electronically stored music (what is the collective noun?), the way you can piss around with it and manipulate it the way you want.

My back is feeling better today, which is good. Now I am wondering if I should cancel my osteo appointment on Thursday? Normally if I do that the problem usually flares up again, of course. Is that Murphy's Law? I guess it is. Kind of.

I haven't heard from that idiot bitch who backed into my car. She really must be dim if she wants to go to court over this. Anyway, she now has 9 days to comply before she gets the summons. Talk about making a relatively easy process as hard as she possibly can. I guess the only way she will learn is when some else does it to her. (Lets hope it is a semi trailer through a red light. Fingers crossed) Even then she may not learn, hey? Or the judge scolds her, and awards her costs.

Anyway, that was Tuesday 07th March 2023 done, over, gone, never to come again.

Sam cooked spicy steamed fish for dinner.


No comments: