Thursday, March 30, 2023

Thursday

My weekend started. Lovely. Of course, that is a normal week for me. Its work life balance, what can I say? Except, that I think I have work life balance under control. 

I paid some bills. I visited the post office, you know, old school. I don't really think my bills have gone up significantly. I'm not sure what all the talk is about? Maybe it is as much something for the nightly news to speak about, as it is for people who have over stretched their finances? I don't know. I'm just happy mine don't seem to be blowing out.

I bought some DVDs - The Big Sleep, Robert Mitchum, My Brother Jack, Tigerland, Taps, Ciao, and The Band Played On. A couple of boys films, a couple of gay ones, a classic and an Aussie drama. Its opshopping, and I love opshopping. Always have, don't know why, really, but there you go. I have always had an infinity for second hand things. Stuff that people have loved before me. And old things - clothes, cars, architecture, films, antiques. I always have. I'm not sure what that says about me? David would probably yap on about past lives, or some other BS.

I took Bruno for an hours walk. The sun shone. I put my headphones on. I find it therapeutic, you know, shut the world out. It's always good to shut the people out. I can smile at people, but I don't have to, actually, engage with them with headphones on. Of course, it doesn't stop people talking to me, which can be problematic. Bruno sets the pace, I do what he does. Usually it is Sam and I taking Bruno for a walk, remembering we had two dogs until quite recently, so it is kind of habit. But it is nice just me and my dog. I like it.

Then I lay on the couch for the rest of the day and watched YouTube. First up, I watched stuff about American politics, which as a nation we seem to have become addicted, but then I decided that I really didn't care what was happening with American's sad politics. So I watched a guy who cleans up people's yards for free, which was positive, and kind, and so much more uplifting than US politics. And I watched YouTube car restoration shows too.

So lazy, but also so nice to be stretched out on the couch. I'd recommend it to anyone. Relax, we should all learn how to relax more.

I forgot the dripping shower that I told Sam I would fix, oh well. 😬

And that's all. That was my day, that's all I've got to tell you.


No comments: